This setting is also apply to email parent function in Veracross.
Part 1: Mail Preferences
1. Open the Mail app on your mac
2. Go to the Mail Preferences
3. Change the “Default email reader” to “Google Chrome“
4. Then Quit the Mail app.
Part 2: Google Chrome
1. Open Chrome and login Gmail with your school google account
2. Go to Chrome’s Preferences
3. Go to Advanced > Privacy and security > Site Settings > Handlers
4. Set the “mail.google.com” as default:
5. Restart Chrome
If you can’t find the “mail.google.com” on the handler page, please login gmail and see if you can find a handler icon as below:
If you see that, click the icon, select “Allow”, and click Done to finish.