The “Staff” and “Student” networks will be merged into one single network called “CDNIS_WIFI”. During 10 Jan to 12 Jan, please download and follow the instructions to register your school owned or 1:1 devices in the new “CDNIS_WIFI’ network.
The previous models are fully tested and still recommended by the School. We have determined that we can handle these latest MacBook Pros, but we are still working on how best to support them.
We require students to have a MacBook with minimum configuration of 13” with 8GB RAM and 256GB of storage, and 3 years School on-site AppleCare (crystal case for Grade 4 to 6).
Senco has recently updated their website to reflect the latest changes and pricing. Please consult with OneDoor (firstname.lastname@example.org) before purchasing the new MacBook Pros to help us better support your Macs.
CDNIS has a number of agreements with our software suppliers. Our School’s software is very much dedicated for our educational needs and is very specific to CDNIS. Regrettably, we cannot extend those software licenses to students who depart/graduate from CDNIS.
Student are required to De-Image (reset to Apple’s default OS image/settings) their MacBooks prior to graduating from CDNIS. De-Imaging normally takes from 60-90 mins.
The following procedure needs to be followed:
- Book a time slot for De-Imaging of your MacBook here
- Backup all personal data beforehand. You will find a guide here
- Take your Apple MacBook to the MacHub at your booked time for De-Imaging.
The Admissions Office will then be notified once the process is completed. For those who fail to comply, the School reserves the right to withhold transcripts and/or charge for the software titles taken away.
If you have questions about the personal device program, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com
2015/16 CDNIS Departure Image is based on Apple’s default OS setting, further details of Apple default OS image/settings can be found on Apple’s website
The purpose of school-provided loaners is for students to continue their learning uninterrupted. Only a limited number of loaners are available so strict guidelines must be followed.
Students whose laptops are being repaired are entitled to a loaner under these circumstances:
- If purchased through the school provider Senco, and is being repaired through Senco, a loaner is provided. The computer that requires repair must be under warranty or an Apple Care plan. This is to ensure that the repair does not take too long and a replacement computer is not loaned from OneDoor for a prolonged period of time. This is also to ensure the continuity of the repair services provided by the School’s reseller, Senco, located at the MacHub next to OneDoor.
- If the computer is being repaired outside of the school, students are required to provide evidence such as a receipt / e-receipt which was given to them by the repair centre. If it’s not possible to provide a receipt, the student can ask his/her parent to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to inform OneDoor that the computer is being repaired.
The loaners must be returned back to OneDoor by the agreed day. A form must be completed when loaning as well as when returning the computer.
If a student forgets to bring their laptop they can use the desktops in the Library if needed. Students are not entitled to loaners if they forget to bring their computers or forget to charge their computer.
Chargers are not available, but charging is available in OneDoor. It is recommended to charge each night.
The 1:1 MacBook parent information session went very well on April 21. Thanks to all the staff and parents attending. Here is a link to the slide show that we have presented at the session.
Important information about the MacBook programme:
- Register an account at the iPad Purchase Portal (http://www.eduoffer.com)
- All parents with children going to Gr.4 should purchase the MacBook bundle (MacBook+AppleCare+Plastic Cover) from the purchase portal by May 31, 2016.
- Pre-owners need to check their MacBook configuration with OneDoor and purchase AppleCare (if within one year old) and plastic cover by May 31, 2016.
- To register for a purchase account, you will need to use your child’s school email address which can be found on the student home diary
- If your child is a new student and has not been given a school email address, you will have to upload a copy of the child’s school acceptance letter
- Since it’s a transaction between you and Senco, please fill in your personal email address for parent contact address
Come with your child on August 12, 2016 to pick up your new MacBook at the Gr.4 classrooms on the Lower School Open House day.
Visit the Parent session in this website to get more information about the programme. Contact OneDoor at the school or email Mrs. Makky Fung (email@example.com) if you have any questions regarding the programme.