Here’s Google Photos video tutorial for uploading photos to Google Photos and making a slide show with background music.
How to change owners
You can change who owns a file or folder in Drive.
- Go to Drive or a Docs, Sheets, or Slides home screen.
- Open the sharing box:
- In Drive: Select the file or folder and click the share icon at the top .
- In a Docs, Sheets, or Slides home screen: Open the file and click Share in the top-right corner of the file
- If the new owner already has edit access, skip to Step 4. Otherwise, follow these steps:
- Type the email address of the new owner in the “Invite people” field
- Click Share & save.
- Click Advanced in the bottom-right corner of the sharing box.
- Click the drop-down menu next to the name of the person you want to own the file or folder.
- Select Is owner.
- Click Done.
You’ll have access to the file as an editor after you transfer ownership.
Google Apps Customers: You can’t make someone outside of your domain the owner of your Google Doc. Only Google Apps customers in Government and Education domains can transfer ownership of a synced or uploaded file (like a PDF or image file).
Consumer Drive users: You can’t transfer ownership of a synced or uploaded file (like a PDF or an image file).
Things to consider before you transfer ownership
- The things you’ll no longer be able to do once you transfer file ownership include:
- Remove others from the file
- Share with as many people as you like
- Change visibility options
- Allow your collaborators to change access privileges for others
- Permanently delete something from Google Drive. After it’s deleted, no one can access it, including those it was shared with.
- When you transfer ownership of a folder from yourself to another person, the new owner of the folder becomes an editor of the files in that folder. The original owners of the files remain the owners, and if the original owner deletes a file, it’ll be removed from the folder.
- If your current Google Account is being deleted, transfer ownership of your files, folders, and Google files to another active account. Once the original account is deleted, you won’t be able to recover any of your files or folders from it.
If you want to add your CDNIS Google account to your iPhone or iPad’s system apps, you’ll want to go to Settings > Mail, Calendar, Contacts.
- Launch the Settings app from your Home screen.
- Tap Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
- Tap Add Account.
- Tap Google.
- Google’s authenticator screen will pop open, where you can enter your CDNIS email address and password. You also may be prompted to change your password, if you’re logging in for the first time.
- Tap Allow when prompted with the “iOS would like to…” screen.
- Choose the services : Mail, Contacts and Calendars only.
- Tap Save.
After you save your account, you can access your settings at any time by tapping the Gmail entry under the Accounts header. If you’d like to change the description from “Gmail” to something more apt like CDNIS, tap the Account button, then tap the Description field.
To add your Gmail account to Mail.app, first launch the app, and (if it does not prompt you to add an account), go to Preferences, click on “Accounts” and then click on the “+” at the bottom-left corner.
Mail.app will show you various options for different mail services. Choose “Google” from this list:
Click continue, and you will be asked to enter your Gmail username (CDNIS email address) and password. These were sent to you by email.
Click “Sign In”
If you are using the account for the first time, you’ll be asked to change your password.
Next, Google will tell you what “OS X” wants to be allowed to do:
Click the “Accept” button (note: the button will be greyed out when the window first loads, but should become active after a few seconds).
Last but absolutely not least, select the “apps” that you want to use your Google account. If you will be using your Google Calendar, be sure to check that box as well.
Once you’ve done those steps, Mail.app should be automatically configured to send and receive email from your Gmail account.
When you first set up your Android device, you set up a Gmail account. The Gmail application enables you to have multiple Gmail accounts, which is useful if you have business account and a personal account.
- Go into Settings.
- Tap Accounts
- Tap Add Account
- Tap Google
- Enter your CDNIS Email Address
- Tap Next
- Enter your Google password (if you are logging in the first time your will be asked to change your password)
- Tap Next
- Tap Accept
- Select Remind Me Later and tap Next to bypass setting up payment information for Google Wallet for this Google Account.
- Select what components of your Google account you want to synchronise with your device.
- Tap Next to finish the Google account setup