- can allow hackers (and our students) to view and manipulate your computer screen and all of it’s data remotely from their machines. For example, They can see the test papers or answer sheets that you’ve made for the upcoming tests. They can make a copy of these and distribute it to other students. They can do all this from your computer making it look like you did it.
- can allow viruses and Trojans to access your computer and spread throughout your local computer network?
- can allow hackers to use your computer to gain access to adjacent computers on your network?
While it’s easy to archive things into a Zip file on your Mac, you may want to occasionally compress things into a different format and password protect the archives.
- Launch the Keka application
- Click on ZIP
- Type in the password (twice)
- Select the files/folders that you want to ZIP and drag them into the Keka window
- When you see the window change to the Drag-n-Drop window, release the files (mouse button).
- A password protected ZIP archive will be created at the same location the files are at.
If you want to add your CDNIS Google account to your iPhone or iPad’s system apps, you’ll want to go to Settings > Mail, Calendar, Contacts.
- Launch the Settings app from your Home screen.
- Tap Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
- Tap Add Account.
- Tap Google.
- Google’s authenticator screen will pop open, where you can enter your CDNIS email address and password. You also may be prompted to change your password, if you’re logging in for the first time.
- Tap Allow when prompted with the “iOS would like to…” screen.
- Choose the services : Mail, Contacts and Calendars only.
- Tap Save.
After you save your account, you can access your settings at any time by tapping the Gmail entry under the Accounts header. If you’d like to change the description from “Gmail” to something more apt like CDNIS, tap the Account button, then tap the Description field.
When you first set up your Android device, you set up a Gmail account. The Gmail application enables you to have multiple Gmail accounts, which is useful if you have business account and a personal account.
- Go into Settings.
- Tap Accounts
- Tap Add Account
- Tap Google
- Enter your CDNIS Email Address
- Tap Next
- Enter your Google password (if you are logging in the first time your will be asked to change your password)
- Tap Next
- Tap Accept
- Select Remind Me Later and tap Next to bypass setting up payment information for Google Wallet for this Google Account.
- Select what components of your Google account you want to synchronise with your device.
- Tap Next to finish the Google account setup
To reset your Portal / FAWEB / NetClassroom password:
- Please go to https://portal.cdnis.edu.hk and click on “Forgot username or password?”
- Type in your CDNIS email address and press submit.
- You will receive an email with a link to reset your password.
- Type in a new password and press submit.