To Support and Help Protect Your Children
Useful websites for parents:
- Use Common Sense Media to look up information for families to promote safe technology and media for children. Download their Family Media Agreement and revise it with your child to develop a balanced lifestyle at home.
- Check the PBS website for advice for parenting in a digital world.
- Screenagers is a good site to support parents about setting up a balanced media diet with kids. Subscribe to Dr. Ruston’s Tech Talk Tuesday (TTT) to receive conversation starters about social media, video game use, tech tips, latest research and more.
- American Academy of Pediatrics’ Healthy Children website has a lot of articles with information on mindful use of media and technology. Parents like to check out what they are saying about screen time and how to make a family media plan with their children.
Apps and tools for managing home devices:
- Circle Home – Manage all of your home’s connected devices. With Circle, parents can filter content, limit online screen time and set a bedtime for every device in the home.
Healthy Children Family Media Plan – The American Academy of Pediatrics site offers an interactive online tool to help you to think about your family media use and create goals and rules that are in line with your family’s values.
Qustodio – Designed to supervise, manage and protect your child’s device use on the go.
- Moment Family – Manage your family’s screen time from your own phone and set up time for your entire family to be screen-free using family dinner time.
Note: The tools and resources on this page are listed in no particular order and are updated constantly. The links mentioned on this site are only suggested tools and resources that we have found online or have been recommended by parents. CDNIS do not provide technical support for these tools.