An email signature is text, like your contact information or a favorite quote, that’s automatically added at the end of Gmail messages as a footer.
Add or change a signature
You can put up to 10,000 characters in your signature.
- Open Gmail.
- In the top right, click Settings Settings.
- In the “Signature” section, add your signature text in the box. If you want, you can format your message by adding an image or changing the text style.
- At the bottom of the page, click Save Changes.
If you want to add your CDNIS Google account to your iPhone or iPad’s system apps, you’ll want to go to Settings > Mail, Calendar, Contacts.
- Launch the Settings app from your Home screen.
- Tap Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
- Tap Add Account.
- Tap Google.
- Google’s authenticator screen will pop open, where you can enter your CDNIS email address and password. You also may be prompted to change your password, if you’re logging in for the first time.
- Tap Allow when prompted with the “iOS would like to…” screen.
- Choose the services : Mail, Contacts and Calendars only.
- Tap Save.
After you save your account, you can access your settings at any time by tapping the Gmail entry under the Accounts header. If you’d like to change the description from “Gmail” to something more apt like CDNIS, tap the Account button, then tap the Description field.
To add your Gmail account to Mail.app, first launch the app, and (if it does not prompt you to add an account), go to Preferences, click on “Accounts” and then click on the “+” at the bottom-left corner.
Mail.app will show you various options for different mail services. Choose “Google” from this list:
Click continue, and you will be asked to enter your Gmail username (CDNIS email address) and password. These were sent to you by email.
Click “Sign In”
If you are using the account for the first time, you’ll be asked to change your password.
Next, Google will tell you what “OS X” wants to be allowed to do:
Click the “Accept” button (note: the button will be greyed out when the window first loads, but should become active after a few seconds).
Last but absolutely not least, select the “apps” that you want to use your Google account. If you will be using your Google Calendar, be sure to check that box as well.
Once you’ve done those steps, Mail.app should be automatically configured to send and receive email from your Gmail account.