Terms and Conditions for using School Wi-Fi
Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions for using "Canadian International School of Hong Kong Wi-Fi"
Please read the following terms and conditions ("these Conditions") carefully before using the wireless Internet access service ("the Service") provided by Canadian International School of Hong Kong (“CDNIS”) at CDNIS premises.
By using the Service, each user ("User") agrees to accept unconditionally and be bound by these Conditions which may be revised and or amended from time to time by CDNIS without prior notice to each User.
Use of the Service
1. Each User shall have a Wi-Fi enabled device and related software in order to use the Service. CDNIS does not guarantee that the Service will be compatible with a User's device and related software. CDNIS is under no obligation to provide technical support for any User's Wi-Fi enabled device.
2. Each User shall comply with all applicable laws and regulations of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region.
3. Each User shall NOT:(i) resell, sub-license, assign or transfer his/her right to use the Service to any person by whatever means;(ii) hack, break into, access, reverse engineer, use or attempt to hack, break into, access, reverse engineer or use any part of the Service, any data areas on CDNIS's servers for which you have not been authorised by CDNIS, and/or any website of any third party for which you have not been authorised(iii) tamper, change or modify or in any other ways seek to or attempt to tamper, change or modify CDNIS's network, or copy, encode, digitise, reformat, compress, intercept or tamper with or otherwise manipulate the signals of the Service in any way or by any means;(iv) (or permit any other person to) send or attempt to send or cause to be sent, any commercial electronic message not in accordance with the applicable law;(v) use the Service for sending, uploading, publishing, distributing, transmitting, circulating, accessing or downloading any material, image or content that either causes any harm to any person or is illegal or otherwise unlawful, including any hateful, harassing, pornographic, morally offensive, racist, criminal, quasi-criminal, obscene, indecent, profane, vulgar, seditious, defamatory, libellous, threatening, discriminatory, menacing, improper, immoral or fraudulent content which constitutes or may encourage conduct that would be considered as a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability, promote the excessive, irresponsible or underage consumption of alcohol, or otherwise violate any law or regulation including copyright or trademark laws and the laws of privacy, infringe intellectual property of any parties or be in breach of confidence:(vi) use the Service from any location where certain medical devices and school equipment may be interfered with, or where a sign is placed prohibiting, the use of any radio frequency signals, including Wi-Fi and the Service; Or(vii) cause inconvenience or annoyance to other persons when using the Service.
4. Each User acknowledges and agrees that he/she use the Service at his/her own risk. CDNIS does not provide encryption or other security measures to protect any User's system or information a User send or receive over the Internet. As with any Internet connection, there is no inherent security. Each User should note that there are risks in using the Service, including without limitation the information security, transmission interruption, delay or failure, and computer virus or malware contraction, and agree to take responsibility for his/her own online activities and those of the children he she is supervising and accept responsibility for the installation of firewalls or other security mechanisms to help protect his/ her device against unwanted digital traffic or downloads, or unauthorised access to, or use of, his/her personal data or documents. Users are recommended NOT to use the Service to transmit or receive any confidential or sensitive information or data, or make any online payment.
5. Each User acknowledges and agrees that CDNIS shall have the power and full discretion to disallow or terminate any person from using the Service if any User is reported or known to cause inconvenience or annoyance to others or whenever CDNIS considers appropriate.
6. CDNIS reserves the right at all times and at its full discretion to withdraw, change, deactivate, suspend or terminate any and all of the Service, or change the access codes, usernames, passwords or other security information necessary to access the Service, with or without any reason and or notice to a User.
Disclaimer of Warranties and Limitation of Liabilities
7. CDNIS does not exercise control over any materials, data, information, contents, services, products or merchandise accessible via the Service or provided through links to third party websites or mobile applications and CDNIS shall not accept any responsibility or liability whatsoever for such materials, data, information, contents, services, products or merchandise.
8. Each User acknowledges and accepts that (i) there are risks relating to the use of the Service and each User shall assume all and any responsibility and liability related to the security, privacy and confidentiality risks arising out of or relating to the Wi-Fi and/or wireless communications and technology; (i) the Service is provided to each User on an "as-is" basis; and (iii) CDNIS does not make any warranty, undertaking, representation or assurance of any kind relating to the use of the Service or materials, data, information, contents, services, products or merchandise appearing via the Services or provided through links to third party websites or mobile applications.
9. Each User acknowledges and agrees that:(i) CDNIS does not warrant or represent that the Service will be uninterrupted, error-free, or free of computer viruses, worms, software bombs, hidden files, illicit codes, Trojan horse or any other harmful or malicious computer instructions;(ii) the Service is not intended for supporting any use which requires fault free or uninterrupted data traffic flow and CDNIS does not guarantee the performance, speed, stability and availability of the Service: and(iii) CDNIS keeps logs of activities on the Internet and browsing history of each User. The logs shall be used by CDNIS for operation and maintenance of the Service. Any information contained in the logs will not be disclosed to any unauthorised person, unless the disclosure is required by law, regulation or court order, or is necessary for law enforcement or preventing or stopping illegal activities or contravention of these Conditions; and(iv) CDNIS will not have or accept any liability, obligation or responsibility whatsoever for any loss, destruction or damage (including without limitation direct or indirect, special or consequential loss, destruction or damage) suffered by any User and howsoever arising from or in respect of (a) any use or misuse of the Service, including any downloading or uploading via the Service and the performance, speed, availability and stability of the Service; (b) any loss or damage to any User's Wi-Fi enabled device and related software arising out of or resulting from the use, attempted use or misuse of the Service; or (c) CDNIS's disclosure of the logs of activities and browsing history of each User as mentioned (iii) above.
10. CDNIS makes no express warranties and to the extent permitted by law, each User waives all implied warranties (including without limitation, the warranties of title, non-infringement, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose) regarding any materials, data, information, contents, services, products or merchandise provided through the Service or the Internet via the Service.
11. Each User acknowledges and accepts that to such extent permitted by law, CDNIS or its employees, agents, representatives or affiliates shall not be liable for any action, claim, proceeding, demand, loss, damage, liability, charge, cost and expense whatsoever and howsoever arising from the use or misuse of the Service, the Internet accessible via the Service by the User or other party and or the information appearing in or provided through links to third party websites or mobile applications, whether or not authorised by the User.
12. Each User shall be liable for and shall fully indemnify CDNIS against all claims, actions, proceedings, liabilities, demands, damages, losses, expenses or costs arising out of or resulting from or relating to his/her prohibited or illegal acts, unauthorised uploading or downloading, infringement of intellectual property right of any party, use of the Service and or breach or non-observance of these Conditions.
13. These Conditions are governed by the laws of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region. Each party irrevocably and unconditionally submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Hong Kong.
14. Any failure, delay, relaxation or indulgence by CDNIS in exercising any of its power or right conferred by these Conditions does not operate as a waiver of that power or right, unless expressed in writing to be a waiver and signed by CDNIS.
15. Each provision of these Conditions is severable and distinct from the others, and if one or more of such provisions is or becomes invalid, unenforceable or illegal, the other provisions will continue to be effective and binding.
16. The termination of these Conditions and or the Service shall not affect any accrued rights or liabilities of the parties nor shall it affect the coming into force or the continuance in force of any provision of these Conditions, which is expressly or by implication intended to come into or continue in force on or after such termination.
17. These Conditions have been translated into Chinese and such Chinese version is provided for reference only. The English version of these Conditions shall prevail over any Chinese version in the event of any inconsistency.